We are committed to compassionate care: optimum recovery from illness, injury or surgery and enhancing quality of life for our patients.
- We are committed to safe and gentle handling of our patients and high standards of nursing care.
- We use only gold standard anaesthetics on all our patients.
- We assess and grade our anaesthetics based on the ASA human grading system 1-6 and drugs are tailored to suit the needs of the patient.
- Our older patients (8 years plus) have bloods taken prior to and fluids during all anaesthetic procedures to ensure we maintain blood pressure (which we measure throughout our anaesthetics). Maintaining blood pressure ensures all the essential organs such as the liver and kidneys receive an adequate supply of blood during every anaesthetic. In older pets this is vital because as organs age they have less reserve/resilience to drops in blood pressure during anaesthetics. We now include SDMA as standard in all our blood screens. SDMA is a new sensitive marker for kidney disease picking up the early cases of kidney disease long before other blood markers are increased. Allowing for early intervention and better treatment outcomes
- All our animals receive post operative pain relief as part of there procedure and to go home with. Go home Pain relief is included in our neutering prices and is always estimated for in other procedures it is not optional.
- We will endeavour to provide an estimate of costs for any procedure and where possible advise our clients on expected ongoing costs.
- We try whenever possible to base our treatments and recommendations on gold standard and evidence based practice.
- We will offer our clients a range of diagnostic and treatment options which include gold standard and best practice options but we will work with you to provide a treatment solution if these options are out with your budget.