At Hadrian Vets we have a range of high-tech facilities that ensure we can take best possible care of your pets.
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Digital X-ray
We have a new ultrasound scanner on the premises which can be used to perform scans. We offer:
Pregnancy scans (we do not give litter numbers but will advise if single pup)
Diagnostic scans looking for prostatitis, masses, fluid build up etc
Advanced scans of the adrenal glands, gastrointestinal tract and pancreas
Ultrasound guided samples from masses and lymph nodes
Ultrasound guided biopsies of the kidney, liver, spleen and large masses
State of the art endoscopy (small camera) for biopsies of the gastrointestinal tract and the respiratory system
Endoscopic guided retrieval of foreign material from lungs and gastrointestinal system
Rhinoscopy for images and biopsies of the nose and sinuses
Heart Scans offering a full report including all measurements of the hearts function to ensure best treatment modalities and outcomes and to see if murmurs are important. These are done without sedation
For more specialist cases we recommend North East Veterinary Imaging (NVI). We can arrange them to come into the surgery to perform more technically demanding scans using a higher spectrum scanner. NVI offers a full range of none invasive diagnostic procedures
Scans can usually be booked in the same working week during surgery hours. Results in either case will be given the same day.
We have a state of the art X-ray machine and specialised table with digital capture and software to give the best possible quality to our radiographs. If we don’t manage to make a definitive diagnosis, radiographs are sent digitally to a specialist for a second or further opinion and advise at no extra charge to the client (usually orthopaedic cases) We have full facilities for dental X-rays, which are essential in cats and tooth root abscesses/infections. We are currently looking at ways to amalgamate these costs into our standard dental charges We do elbow hip and elbow radiographs for the BVA schemes, please ask our reception on current prices and which paperwork you need to fill in prior to testing.
We have full in-house laboratory facilities:
- We run samples on a daily basis from general health screening to hypothyroidism.
- We have a microscopy facility for blood smears and urinalysis.
- We have haematology facility to check red and white blood cell counts.
- We have single point glucose monitoring, primarily used for rabbits and in patients such as diabetic monitoring.
- We have a full urinalysis facility.
- We over a quick dehydration blood loss screen using a measure of protein and red blood cells from a tiny volume of blood, which helps with decision making in certain patients.
- Our biochemistry machine gives a comprehensive screen of liver and kidney.
- We have some single point in house tests such as Canine pancreatitis, parvovirus, and some cat viruses.
- We can test thyroid hormone levels in house, especially useful for under and overactive thyroid monitoring.
- All our staff are fully trained on use of in house facilities.
- More complex screens and profiles such as vitamin markers in chronic disease and diagnosis of biopsies/lump removals are sent via overnight courier. Our staff will advise on the turnaround time for each test.