We give 4 weeks free Petplan insurance to all cats, dogs and rabbits up to 12 months old. For all dogs we can give a four week voucher that you can activate
It’s important to be aware that not all pet insurance providers or policies are the same. Some policies limit the amount of time or money that you can claim for. Try and avoid using comparison websites, as a few insurance companies usually own them. ‘Which ‘are independent reviewers and as a member I have checked their insurance reviews and scores and what is not mentioned in the reviews is which companies actually pay for your pet’s treatment without a struggle and which companies don’t hike premiums up year on year and with every claim.
Don’t just shop around on price alone. Ask the following five key questions so you clearly understand what each policy does and doesn’t cover:
- Make sure it is a life policy and wont stop paying on the 12 month anniversary or renewal (whichever is sooner) most 12 month policies apply exclusions
- Do I have any ongoing health problems with my pet that my be excluded if I change insurance company
- Will the policy cover my pet for on-going conditions (e.g. eczema) into its old age?
- Will exclusions be placed at renewal for an illness that occurred in the previous year?
- Will my excess or premium increase if I make a claim?
- Will the policy cover: congenital and hereditary illness, hip-related conditions, dental treatment or behavioural conditions?
- Is the provider a pet insurance specialist
We recommend Petplan insurance. Most of our staff has their pets insured with this company. Whatever you choose ensure there is enough financial cover in case of a major surgery or prolonged hospital stay.