Adult dogs are dosed every 3 months unless heavy hunters (more frequent but no more than once a month).
- We use a variety of anti-parasite treatments and the products chosen will depend on your individual animal’s risk of exposure. These risks and needs are best discussed with one of our Veterinary nurses in a Anti Parasite consult
- We offer a comprehensive spot on cat wormer called profender™ it is a prescription product and considered gold standard. Profender is available on our pet health scheme it lasts for 3 months.
Currently Lungworm protection can be provided by monthly milbemax or advocate it is mainly an issue in dogs. Discuss the risks to your individual pet with our nursing team or check www.lungworm.co.uk
- Facilies with young children must ensure that their pet is wormed with a product clinically proven to kill toxacara (round worm) it can cause serious health issues in humans and the young are more at risk.
- Generally Puppies can be dosed from 2 weeks of age and kittens from 6 weeks some products are weight dependant others age and weight
- Puppies should be wormed every 2 weeks from 2 weeks until 12 weeks then monthly until 6 months
- Bitches can be dosed during pregnancy and lactation some of our wormers are licenced for this
- It must be stressed that clients pick up after their dog to prevent infestation cycles
- Clients must be registered to receive any POM-V anti-parasite treatment and we must have a current weight for the animal; if the animal has not been seen for over 1 year then you will need to be seen by one of our nursing team.